Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Clinton...

Let me preface this by saying that I am extremely excited about the 10 for 10 that Obama has won in the contests following Super Tuesday.  Now... off to Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island (where I will be this weekend canvassing), and Vermont for March 4th.

Something the networks did not show at the time, before Hillary went on to speak last night in her "concession, but not a concession" speech, Machinists union President Tom Buffenbarger did a little intro for her.  Most of his speech as a tirade against Obama- worse than what Former President Clinton did in South Carolina with his "false hopes" speech.

The media, just now pick up this story is now playing Buffenbarger's remarks all over the airwaves.

Here's just a quote of what he said, "Give me a break!  I've got new for the latte-drinking, Prius-driving, Birkenstock-wearning, trust fund babies crowding in to hear his speak!  This guy won't last a round against the Republican attack machine.  He's a poet, not a fighter."

Of course, I have many objections to this remark.

First- Why did the Clinton campaign let him talk like this?  They saw how the public reacted in horror to Bill's speeches in South Carolina.  And now this?  It's worse!

Second- Supporters.  Obviously Bufffenbarger means this as an attack on all of the supporters of Obama.  As Wisconsin clearly showed, Obama supporters are men and women from all backgrounds, races, and socioeconomic platforms.  So how does Buffenbarger's generalization work again?

Third- Me.  Ok let's test Buffenbarger's theory number 1 about Obama's supporters.  We'll us me as a test subject.  Well, I don't drink lattes (I don't like hot drinks), but I do have my fair share of Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks iced coffees because sometimes I just need that extra caffine kick like every other American.  I don't drive a Prius, but I do plan on eventually owning a hybrid, not because I'm rich (I certainly am not) but because I believe in doing my part to help save the environment- is this such a bad thing?  I do wear Birkenstocks because I like the way the feel and the way that they last forever- such a good investment.  And I certainly do not have a trust fund.  So I fit in 1 out of the 4 categories.  But the question I have for Buffenbarger is- does Clinton hate people who need caffine, people who want to save the environment, people who like to make smart investments, or people who save for their children?  According to him, I guess she does.  Wow, that's something I didn't know about her.

Forth- Republican attack machine vs. Obama.  McCain's speech last night showed that it seemed like he would try to use the same attacks against Obama that Hillary's campaign has been using- but have obviously been failing.  So much for attack machine.

Fifth- Republican attack machine vs. Clinton.  She ran for Senate virtually uncontested and the Republicans "tried her" and made her "battle ready".  Hmm ok?  What about the fact that she stayed with Bill after he cheated on her repeatedly?  What about her failed healthcare plans?  What about Clinton scandals in the White House?  Yeah, they've tested her enough already... sure.  Just see how far that idea gets you in the general election.

Sixth- Fighting.  Obama doesn't stand for partisan fighting- that's his whole message.  Why do we need a fighter in government?  Obama answers his attacks, but doesn't push back in an extremely harsh manner.  Isn't it time to move on?  Grow up Buffenbarger!  Didn't your mom ever teach you the Golden Rule?

Sometimes I just HATE Hillary Clinton supporters and their stupid comments.

No comments: