Monday, February 25, 2008

Why I Dislike Hillary Clinton (the short version, with video!)

I'll be the first one to say that I LOVE everything that Barack Obama stands for- unity, change, new politics, things getting done, etc.

I will also be the first one to say that if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, I will vote for her over McCain.

However, my stance on that issue is now wavering.

To all those Hillary fans out there, I just have one question for you...

Is this the person you want to be elected president?




I fully support politicians going after those that wrongfully attack them.  It's part of politics.  It's how it's played.

I am not upset that Hillary is attacking Barack- the race it tight, I expect her to.  

What upsets me with this clip is that Hillary is not attacking Barack on the issues of NAFTA and Healthcare, but rather ranting about his sending out negative (or I would say mailings that in fact counteract little tidbits the Clinton campaign was trying to cover up about Hillary's positions and Obama's positions on these issues) mailings.

In her speech, she decries what Obama is doing.  However, it is plain knowledge that she herself does the same thing- actually to a worse extent, with mailings that are not even backed up with good facts.  To me, it is unfair and just plain wrong to criticize you opponent when you are doing the same thing to.  It's something called being hypocritical.

Now, as I said before, I would have voted for Hillary in November if she was the Democratic Nominee.  What threw me over the edge was not the video above, but what she said at a rally in Rhode Island over the weekend.




In her speech, Hillary is not only mocking Barack Obama's rhetoric.  But also his ideas.  Who's to say that what Obama talks about cannot be achieve.  Do I think that we will be out of Iraq, on peaceful terms with rogue nations, have universal healthcare, have green jobs, have a budget surplus and a strong economy, and have fixed the global warming problem at the end of Obama's first term (possibly) as President.  No!  Anyone who did would have to be completely delusional.

However, it is wrong for Hillary to scream that Barack's ideas are similar to the sky opening and celestial choirs coming down.  Barack's main theme is that he will bring people together.  This is something that can and has been achieved throughout his campaign and his years in office.  He can do this, he has shown that he can do this, and Hillary is just being damn pessimistic about the whole thing.

Hillary is also mocking me and my fellow Barack Obama supporters.  She is supposing that we have our heads in the clouds believing that change can be made in our world.  If you look at the politics of our country, change has been made- Civil Right Era, coming out of the Great Depression, the Oregon Trail, the Civil War, and the Revolutionary War.  Who's to say that change can't happen now?  If I have something that I believe in, why should anyone try to diminish that hope?

This is the reason why I am doubting my support for Hillary should she beat Barack Obama in the primaries.  I want a politician who can tell me, Amy a political science major who obviously has a lot to say about the policies and politics of our country, that change can happen in this world.  So long to the politics of yesterday and the partisan divisions of the past.  Hillary, by the plain fact that she essentially called me out for believe in what she deems Barack Obama's fairy tale has proven to me that she does not care about bringing this country together, she does not care about helping everyday Americans, she does not care what I have to say, all she cares about is getting elected and that is someone who I DO NOT want to be the next President of the United States.

We have been dealing with this type of politician for the past 8 years.  Not again America.  Not again.

Should Barack Obama not gain the Democratic nomination, I might vote for Hillary, but she has more convincing to do for me now than she ever did in the past.

Vote Obama '08!

No comments: