Thursday, February 7, 2008

Females Voting for Barack Obama

Michelle Obama- check it out

This race does not need to be a decision between a white woman and a black man.  This race is not a decision between a white woman and a black man.

If you have not voted in your state's primary, remember this as you head to the polls...
Choose a politician not based on his or her sex or race.  Choose a politician that you believe in.  Some one you believe can bring about the change that our country needs.  Someone who can restore America's standing in the world and make the United States a better place to live.

If there is one thing that people can learn from the Democratic primaries and exit polling it is that college students get this.  Votes should not be based on race or gender- but rather on policies.

I am voting for Barack Obama because I believe that he is the best candidate to bring about the CHANGE that our country needs right now.  He can work with Democrats and Republicans to end this cycle of partisan government that we have been dealing with.  He can make healthcare affordable to all.  He can help push through legislation to help the middle class and the poor, college students and retirees.  He can get us out of Iraq and his has the JUDGEMENT to know when to use troops and when to use diplomacy.  Barack Obama can restore America's standing among the nations of the world and he can bring the American people together.

My vote for Barack Obama is not a disservice to my gender.  I'm a political science major and I would love to see a woman president.  However, for me, Hillary Clinton is not the candidate that I want to have as my president.  To me, Barack Obama is a better candidate- not because he is a man and not because he is black, but rather because he has the best stances on the issues and he has the ability to get members of all parties to work together to bring about the CHANGE that America needs right now.

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!


No comments: