Sunday, January 27, 2008

Endorsements!!

If you haven't checked out Caroline Kennedy's op-ed in the New York Times, please read it now.

I have often told others how I feel that Barack Obama is a mixture of two of my all-time favorite heros, JFK and Martin Luther King Jr..  It seems like JFK's own daughter feels the same way.

"Sometimes it takes a while to recognize that someone has a special ability to get us to believe in ourselves, to tie that belief to our highest ideals and imagine that together we can do great things.  In those rare moments, when such a person comes along, we need to put aside our plans and reach for what we know is possible.

We have that kind of opportunity with Senator Obama.  It isn't that the other candidates are not experienced or knowledgeable.  But this year, that may not be enough.  We need a change in the leadership of this country- just as we did in 1960."

My friends often make fun of me because of my "obsession" with Barack Obama.  But really people, this is a man that can change our nation for the better.  I strongly believe that he has the ability and the knowhow to fix many of the problems that have plagued our country for decades.  Our time for change has come.  Let us show the world that America is not a country that can be divided based on race, gender, ethnicity, or political party.  Yes, America, we can!

No comments: