Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Predictions for the GOP Nomination

Don't quote me on any of this material- I'm an extremely strong Democrat and therefore I try to just know the basics of the GOP Nomination.

Iowa- Overwhelmingly Huckabee because of strong evangelical vote that identified with his role as a evangelical preacher.

New Hampshire- McCain, a New Hampshire favorite and a favorite among Independents that lean Republican.

Michigan- My guess, if McCain keeps momentum, he should win.  McCain is a crowd, or rather GOP favorite, true to the basics of the GOP.  However, Romney is a chosen son of Michigan- born and raised there; his father was governor.  Finally, Huckabee could gain support from the blue collar workers, especially with his new ad in which he calls himself the person who understands the workers, not one that lays them off.

Nevada- McCain.  McCain's huge support in Arizona will flow into Nevada.

South Carolina- My early guess, Huckabee because of the Bible Belt.  However, if McCain does well in Nevada and Michigan, Huckabee might fall behind in the polls in S.C.

Florida- Rudy's home base right now, however if he does not do better in the next few primaries, he could lose Florida and therefore effectively drop off the radar for the GOP Nomination.

To me, it's all between Romney, Huckabee, and McCain now.  In the end, I bet the GOP Nomination will go to McCain.  Now that would be a comeback!

No comments: