Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Upcoming Political Future

Internship done and I am starved for more political action.

I have signed up to phone bank for the Obama campaign for the rest of the election.  3 hours a week is not too bad as compared with the 18+ hour days we were putting in in New Hampshire.

Next, BU for Barack.  We need to grow the movement and sell more t-shirts.  We are doing visibility at Marsh the week before Super Tuesday.  Finally, we need to work on a GOTV strategy to make sure that all of the kids that we registered to vote in Massachusetts from BU vote on Super Tuesday.

Because I will be back at school, my campaign activities will be contained towards Massachusetts.  So I foresee working strongly with Boston for Barack Obama and the new Barack Obama office in town to gain local support.

Before February 5th (most likely as soon as I get back to BU and find my ballot in my mailbox), I will be voting absentee in the Connecticut Democratic primary for Barack Obama.

Spring break.  If things go according to plan (and we will know for sure after February 5th), I will be out and about on the campaign trail again- wherever they need me.

Summer.  As said before, if things go according to plan, I will hopefully be interning (or maybe just full-time volunteering) for the campaign.  From lessons learned in New Hampshire, I know that I will need a car, a GPS, and a new camera for things to go extremely well.

We'll see what happens in the weeks to come and expect periodic updates.

No comments: